Principles of Excellence
University of the Rockies participates in the Principles of Excellence program and can be found in the GI Bill® Comparison Tool for verification.
Military Friendly School Status
University of the Rockies has been named a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs for 3 years, as of 2015.
8 Keys to Veterans’ Success
The 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success is a voluntary initiative through the Department of Education, Veterans Affairs, and Defense, highlighting specific ways universities can support veteran students. University of the Rockies has affirmed our commitment to meeting the 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success.
University of the Rockies Military Task Force Mission Statement
Our University of the Rockies Military Task Force enlists military-focused support, providing opportunities to continuously improve the student experience while honoring and serving the unique needs of our military affiliated students seeking preparation for life goals.
The University of the Rockies Military Task Force welcomes suggestions to improve the military student experience. Please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All required books for your program of study purchased through University of the Rockies' online bookstore will be covered by University of the Rockies
- Waived Technology Services Fee
- The Military Grant reduces tuition by 20% for Master's students
- The Military Grant reduces tuition by 15% for Doctoral students
- To maintain eligibility for the grant students must remain enrolled or return as scheduled from an approved break. Students who withdraw from the program and resume at a later date will be required to re-verify eligibility for the University of the Rockies Military Duty Grant.
- Tuition grants will be applied for courses with future start dates following verification of your eligibility status. No retroactive grants will be awarded.
- Any applicable fees not covered by this grant must be paid in accordance with the terms of the selected payment option(s) as stated in the student's enrollment agreement.
Who is Eligible?To be eligible for the University of the Rockies Military Grant, you must be:
- Active Duty, National Guard, or Reservists
- Spouses of Active Duty, National Guard, or Reservists
- Students using VA Education Benefits
- Department of Defense employees
- Civilian employees of the US Coast Guard
- Veterans Affairs employees
How to Qualify
To qualify to receive the University of the Rockies Military Grant, you must:
- Provide proof of active duty or military status by submitting one of the following forms of identification: SOS, LES, COE, or Milconnect website screenshot;
- Submit application for admission to University of the Rockies with all grant-verifying documents; and
- Remain enrolled or return as scheduled from an approved break. Students who withdraw from the program and resume at a later date will be required to re-verify eligibility for the University of the Rockies military Grant.
Please note: DD-214 is not acceptable verification.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.