Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Development and Leadership
Online · Campus
This program is not intended to lead to certification or licensure.^
Managers analyze problems. Leaders solve them. Earn your Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Organizational Development and Leadership from University of the Rockies and discover how to solve problems in any organization.
This doctoral degree is the culmination of graduate studies in leadership and organization. It demonstrates your ability to assess organizations by relying on research and evidence. Anticipate the impact of strategic initiatives and organizational change. You will also evaluate diversity in organizations as a competitive advantage. Plus, you will create your own development solutions and evaluate them based on human performance technology. Finally, demonstrate your expertise by writing your dissertation.
Your coursework includes discovery and applications in areas such as:
- Performance management
- Organizational change
- Global organizations
- Employee and team motivation
- Training and development
- Management and leadership
- Teams in organizations
- Organizational systems and dynamics
- Executive coaching
- Research in organizations
- Human resource management
- Assessment and measurement
- Operations management
- Leadership development
- Corporate training
- Senior management in human resources
- High-potential succession planning
- Organizational development
- Strategic organizational consulting
- Management consulting practice
- College and university teaching
- Organizational research
- Executive coaching
- Municipal employee entrance testing
- Organization planning
To fulfill the requirements for the PhD in Organizational Development and Leadership, you must successfully:
- Complete program coursework of 68 credits*
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00
- Complete dissertation requirements**
- In-residence course requirements (applies to online students)
* Students who waive ORG 5020 and ORG 5022 are required to take 62 total program credits in order to meet graduation requirements.
** Students can refer to these Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about dissertation.
Your course schedule is flexible. Take online courses one at a time. Online courses are offered in an accelerated six-week format and can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dissertation courses are nine weeks in length.
Your faculty members all have earned doctorates and have recent experience practicing what they teach. At University of the Rockies, both the theory and its practical application are taught. Your instructors will enliven your discussions and enhance your feedback with real-world lessons from their workplace experience.
Although you will be enrolled in an online program, certain facets of your doctoral coursework necessitate one-on-one or group interaction. For the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Development and Leadership program, you are required to attend three in-residence weekends in Denver, CO. Please refer to these Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about this in-residence requirement.
^The Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Development and Leadership is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology professional. University of the Rockies does not represent that this program meets certification or licensure requirements in any state. It is the student’s responsibility to review any state certification or licensure requirements in their intended field of employment.