Master of Arts in International Leadership
This program is not intended to lead to certification or licensure.^
Communicate with confidence. Earn the trust and commitment of your team. Become a leader who thinks and acts globally with your Master of Arts in International Leadership at University of the Rockies.
The ability to interpret, empathize, and act quickly in a global context is essential for leaders to perform in the future business environment. This includes the ability to span different cultures, economies, politics, and geographies; think systemically across multiple networks, deal with rapid change and layers of complexity; speak the language of global business: and see the world from the perspective of others. A growing number of organizations are seeking leaders who can both adapt to these complexities and excel at coaching others to be similarly adaptive and agile.
The program prepares aspiring and ascendant leaders in transnational organizations through a focus on balancing skills at three levels: 1) an inner leadership focus based on self-awareness, reflection, and a commitment to ongoing growth; 2) competency in leveraging interpersonal relationships managing conflict and building highly effective teams; and 3) a systems focus allowing the translation of the external environment to set effective strategies and drive execution.
Your coursework will include discovery and real-world applications in areas such as:
- Leadership across different cultures, economies, politics, and geographies throughout the world
- Emotional and cultural intelligence, its value and applications
- Leadership styles, principles, and theories; cultural competence required to lead successfully in the global environment; characteristics and challenges of the six boundaries that leaders encounter (vertical, horizontal, stakeholder, demographic, and geographic); and strategies for spanning these boundaries in the global context
- Evolution of and adaptation to glocalization within the complex globalized marketplaces
- Ethical and legal issues vital to leading in the global environment
- Key elements of typical finance and accounting operations in organizations for effective leadership strategies
- Effective self-assessment and coaching orientations, tools, and techniques
- Business Executive
- Business Unit Leader
- Management Consultant
- Diversity Professional
- Executive Director
- General Manager
- Operations Manager
- Business Teacher
To fulfill the requirements for the Master of Arts in International Leadership, you must successfully:
- Complete program coursework of 39 credits; and
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
Note: The date of degree conferral recorded on the student's transcript and diploma will reflect the date the student completes all degree requirements. However, release of transcripts, diplomas, and verifications for degrees awarded are contingent upon submission of the Petition to Graduate form, payment of the graduation fee, and payment of any outstanding balances with the University.
Your course schedule is flexible. Take online courses one at a time. Online courses are offered in an accelerated six-week format and can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Your faculty members all have earned doctorates and have recent experience practicing what they teach. At University of the Rockies, both the theory and its practical application are taught. Your instructors will enliven your discussions and enhance your feedback with real-world lessons from their workplace experience.
For more information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, and other important information, please visit http://www.rockies.edu/programdisclosures/index.php?p=omail
This program of study does not meet, nor is intended to meet, the requirements for professional licensure in the State of Colorado. The Master of Arts in International Leadership program is not a licensure program.
The Master of Arts in International Leadership program is not a licensure program. University of the Rockies cannot confirm whether its courses or programs meet requirements for professional licensure in your state. For information regarding professional licensure requirements in your state, you should contact the applicable licensing board or agency in your state and determine whether the program meets requirements for licensure in the state where you reside.
Additional information will be provided to you when you contact the school and during your first term in your program of study. Visit the link below for more information.
- General State Licensing Boards for University of the Rockies