Master of Arts in Organizational Development and Leadership
Online · Denver Instructional Site
This program is not intended to lead to certification or licensure.^
Managers read spreadsheets. Leaders read people. Earn your Master of Arts in Organizational Development and Leadership from University of the Rockies, and learn what it takes to be a thought leader.
You can solve problems. You can lead an organization to success. This program shows you how to navigate through complex organizational systems, and apply psychological research to develop employees. You will learn to assess organizations’ performance, structure, and development while extending your range of professional ethics, leadership skills, and coaching techniques. You will also design appropriate learning and development solutions based on human performance technology.
Your coursework will include discovery and applications in areas such as:
- Training and development
- Management and leadership
- Teams in organizations
- Organizational systems and dynamics
- Executive coaching
- Research in organizations
- Human resource management
- Assessment and measurement
- Operations management
- Leadership development
- Corporate training
- Human resource management
- High-potential succession planning
- Organizational development
To fulfill the requirements for the Master of Arts in Organizational Development and Leadership, you must successfully:
- Complete program coursework of 39 credits
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00
- Pass the Comprehensive Exam at the conclusion of the program
Note: The date of degree conferral recorded on the student's transcript and diploma will reflect the date the student completes all degree requirements. However, release of transcripts, diplomas, and verifications for degrees awarded are contingent upon submission of the Petition to Graduate form, payment of the graduation fee, and payment of any outstanding balances with the University.
Your course schedule is flexible and includes these features:
- Classes are offered in a combination of evening and weekend formats.
- Evening courses meet for four hours one night per week over a nine-week term.
- Weekend classes meet on three weekends over the nine-week term The typical course load is two courses per term.
Your course schedule is flexible. Take online courses one at a time. Online courses are offered in an accelerated six-week format and can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Your faculty members all have earned doctorates and have recent experience practicing what they teach. At University of the Rockies, both the theory and its practical application are taught. Your instructors will enliven your discussions and enhance your feedback with real-world lessons from their workplace experience.
^The Master of Arts in Organizational Development and Leadership is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology professional. University of the Rockies does not represent that this program meets certification or licensure requirements in any state. It is the student’s responsibility to review any state certification or licensure requirements in their intended field of employment.