Alumni Ambassador Program
The Office of Alumni Services is proud to offer a program to help alumni network with each other and connect with current students, prospective students, staff, and faculty.
What is a University of the Rockies Alumni Ambassador?
University of the Rockies Alumni Ambassadors serve as liaisons between the University and their companies and communities. An Alumni Ambassador supports and encourages the educational dreams of others by offering personal testimony about their University of the Rockies experience. In addition, an Alumni Ambassador assists the University with alumni events and networking opportunities.
Serving as an Alumni Ambassador is a great way to build your professional network, meet other alumni, and stay up to date on University news.
A University of the Rockies Ambassador will:
- Participate in local and virtual University events;
- Assist in planning local and virtual University events and attend or act as a liaison in planning one local or virtual event per year;
- Participate in guest speaker opportunities and have the opportunity to speak;
- Have access to resources for alumni networking in their region;
- Support events and provide reference materials;
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and advocate on behalf of the University;
- Serve as a point of contact via phone conversations for current and prospective students at least two times per year;
- Advocate for the University in the following forums when possible: advertising, social media, speaking engagements, mentoring, and other student engagement; and
- Be active in social media as defined as one (1) post or response per quarter, four (4) per year. When posting on social media, Ambassadors should remember their student days and ensure posts are of quality and substance.
- Stay connected with alumni, faculty, and staff;
- Enhance resume through professional development opportunities (e.g., guest speaking, mentoring, and networking);
- Receive special recognition at events, on the Alumni website, and in University newsletters;
- Expand professional network by collaborating with University personnel and community organizations;
- Receive a certificate of appreciation upon completion of each year of commitment; and
- Receive an appreciation gift.
- Be a proud University of the Rockies graduate.
- Be steadily employed or have a history of successful employment.
- Be in good academic standing with the University.
- Have all accounts at the University paid in full.
- Commit to a one year term as an Alumni Ambassador. Additional commitment will be renewed based upon performance.
Neither alumni nor students will receive monetary compensation for participation in the Alumni Ambassador Program. Alumni should not promise or guarantee employment to students or potential students, as participation in the Program is not a promise or guarantee of employment for students or potential students.